Truck Driving- Montreal

Interested in learning truck driving? Join the Universal Driving School in Montreal for high quality training.

What license is needed for what types of trucks?

Truck driving is highly regulated in Quebec as well as other parts of Canada and even the world. A class 3 license authorizes holders to drive twin-axle straight-body trucks with a net weight of 4.5 tonnes or more; any trucks with three of more axles; a vehicle hauling a trailer or semitrailer with a net weight not exceeding 2 tonnes or a vehicle of 2 to 4.5 tonnes provided it is only used to transport equipment, tools or furnishing as part of its permanent equipment and finally all other vehicles other than those covered by class 1 and 2 licenses. To drive a heavy vehicle in Qu├ębec, a driver must hold a class 1 driving license. Trucks falling under the category of heavy vehicles are: double-axle road tractor with a net weight of 4.5 tonnes or more pulling one or more trailers or semitrailers; trucks covered by class 3 licenses and all other types of road vehicles, except for motorcycles.

Get the best truck driving training in Montreal and its suburbs such as West Island, Mont-Royal and Saint-Laurent at the Universal Driving School.